Header

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Limited Edition Sinful Colors: First Six (Pic Heavy!)

I love Sinful. Especially the new Sinful. They are cheap, have good color, and a good top and base coat makes sure they last. So when we got a HUGE display of new limited edition Sinful at work, I had to get them....all of them! Today I will post swatches of six colors (I did it on a color wheel because there are too many to keep doing them on my fingers!). For the swatches, it is one coat on the left, two on the right. 

1205: Glimmer

This one is very pretty, but it looks like a dupe for Forget Now (I don't own Forget Now, but I will see about getting it and comparing soon!). It is magenta glitter with a similarly colored base.

It doesn't go completely opaque, even after two coats, but it would make a very good layering polish. The polish is thinner and very easy to work with, and the dry time is good. 

1208: Berry Charm

This color is a very thick berry red creme (almost a wine under certain lights), and will look beautiful in fall.

It has pretty decent opacity in one coat, but two coats makes the color much richer. The formula is very thick, but not too hard to work with. The dry time is a little longer than usual (a little squishy even after 5 minutes), but I don't mind since it's practically a one coater.

1207: Beau Brique

This one is gorgeous! A beautiful sunset orange creme with hints of brown(this color was HUGE last fall!).

You need two coats to get full opacity with this one. Dry time is pretty similar to the color above, but a good fast-dry top coat can fix that up! The formula is also very thick, and a little difficult to work with. But I will be willing to work with it, because the color is so nice!

1200: Skylark

This is a pale yellow-orange creme. 

 It can pass at one coat, which is very nice, especially for such a pale color. The dry time is similar to the other cremes, after 5 minutes it's still squishy. The formula is kind of thick, but not as thick as Beau Brique. Overall a nice spring color.

808: Flirting Nails

Now I know this is a core color, but we don't carry it regularly at our store, so I picked it up anyway. It is a shimmery pale brown.

This color would be wonderful layered over some darker browns. The formula is thin, and the dry time is pretty fast. I'm glad I was finally able to get it.

1203: Graine de Poivre

This one is a greige creme, and a very nice one at that.


It goes on thick, but not too thick, and the dry time isn't bad. It's a darker greige than I'm used too, but that's okay. Overall a nice color..


Overall, my favorites from these six are Beau Brique and Berry Charm. The formula for Sinful just keeps getting better with these new polishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment