Header

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Today's Haul: Lips!

So I work at Walgreens. And being that I work at Walgreens, I tend to pick up a lot of makeup for cheap. I get to know all the deals in advanced and see what deals other people are getting, I get awesome coupons, and I get first shot at the makeup clearance (usually). Therefore, I tend to bring back a lot of cosmetics randomly. And my biggest weakness next to drugstore nail polish is drugstore lip products. Today I will be reviewing a few I picked up!

Today I got two products, and they were both Rimmel. They have been coming out with BUNCHES of new products, and I got 2 Show Off Lip Lacquers (also known as Apocolips overseas).

The first one is 701:Stargazer. It is a shimmery nude lip-gloss. 


The safety seal appears weak at first (just a sticker?!) but inspection shows it goes further. When you open the tube for the first time, it is clear at the top. But once you pull the wand all the way through, it scrapes off all the excess gloss and fills up the tube! How neat is that? So if you are unsure if the seal is broken, just open the top just a little. If the little area is still clear, you are good!
Before:
 After:
 See? How neat is that! When it goes on it is very sheer with a slight shimmer. I like it a lot, but the staying power isn't very good. I see me rubbing this off in an hour. The smell is also odd too. It seems like they were trying to go for a fragrance free, but it just smells kind of plasticy-sweet. It doesn't bother me, but others might not like it. The wand for these are nice. They have a little well that holds  more product then normal wands. You don't have to do as many pumps this way!

 The second one I will review is 501: Steller. It is a bright orange-red.

 The safety seal works the same with this one. The tube is clear on top until you pull the wand all the way out, in which is fills with product. This color was very pigmented, and was much more noticeable on my lips. It also seemed a little thicker, and had more staying power than Stargazer (I can see 3 hours). However, this one messed up very easily as well! One wrong stroke and you have gloss all over. The smell and wand are the same for Stargazer.
 Swatches on my arm taken at lower light (top) and higher light (bottom).
Left: Steller   Right: Stargazer

OVERALL: The formula is very nice, with Steller having a little more staying power than Stargazer. The wand and tube is handy, but the smell is a little weird. On the whole, they are both nice and I plan on getting more!

No comments:

Post a Comment