Header

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Battle of the Balm Stains: Jordana vs Revlon

Recently I reviewed the new Jordana balm stains. Today I will be comparing two of the Jordana balm stains to two of the Revlon's. They are both moisturzing balm stains, and both tubes have 2.7g. Revlon retails for about $6-8, while Jordana is only about $3-4. All swatches are done with four coats.

The first two I will be comparing are Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001: Honey to Jordana Twist and Shine Balm Stain in 05: Honey Love. Both of these shades are YLBB shades; a very subtle pinkish-brown. However, Revlon seems to be more on the sheer side than the Jordana, as well as a lighter shade. They both go on very smooth and both are very moisturizing (though I find the Revlon to be a touch more moisturizing). They both also last a pretty decent while, though Revlon seems to last longer on my lips then Jordana. I found myself reapplying Jordana once or twice on an eight-hour work shift, while usually I rarely reapply Revlon. However, Revlon does tend to stain the lips, while Jordana doesn't leave a mark.



The second two I will be comparing is Revlon in 025: Sweetheart to Jordana in 03: Tropical Frenzy. Both of these are bright pink shades, perfect for spring or summer! The sheerness between these two are really obvious. Jordana wins by far with pigmentation. It also has a little more shimmer to it then the Revlon. Like before, they both go on very smooth, though Revlon seems a little more moisturizing and lighter. Like above, Revlon's tends to have more staying power, though it can stain the lips, while Jordana's doesn't leave a trace once removed.


Overall, they are both very nice products. Jordana has more pigmentation, Revlon has more moisturization. If you are looking for a highly pigmented product, I would go with Jordana. If you are looking for something that is a little lighter (both color and weight), then go with Revlon. I quite enjoy them both, and you can't go wrong with either of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment