Header

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

NEW! Lypsyl Lip Balm

Lypsyl is a balm I don't have a lot of experience with. A lot of people rave about it, but I've just never seen any good flavors I've been interested in picking up. But I saw one recently that was flavored vanilla plum, and I knew I had to get it. 



It is stated as a "Silky Swedish Beeswax Lip Balm". I am guessing it is the Swedish version of Burt's Bees? The tube is cute, and has a push-up lever instead of being screwed up from the bottom. It also has an SPF of 15 which is always nice in lip balm. The ingredients seem pretty straight forward (beekswax, shea butter, acai, etc.). After a couple swipes it goes on pretty smooth and clear, but is also kind of thick and heavy(which I am not entirely too found of). It does, however, moisturize pretty well. The smell is kind of odd. It is kind of a medicated plum smell with almost no vanilla. Something in it just smells a little off, kind of like cough syrup. I am a little dissapointed; I was expecting much more vanilla.

Overall, it's an okay lip balm, but I have also used better. I think the smell of this one threw me off, and it is a little too heavy on the lips for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment