Header

Thursday, August 8, 2013

NEW! Jordana Products Review

So Jordana has come out with a lot of new products recently. I finally found them in my area, and I decided to give them a review! From what I have seen, they have a new 12 hour eyeshadow stick (with mattes!), a new 12 hour liquid eyeliner, and a new Twist and Shine moisturizing lip stain. They also have two new mascaras and a new fat felt-tip eyeliner (I didn't purchase either of these). 

First off, I am going to review the 12 hour eyeshadow sticks. I purchased 04: Continuous Almond and 06: Aqua Last. There are also a few other colors, including an emerald, white, black, purple, and gray. The security seals on these are great. They are completely wrapped in plastic, so it is easy to see if others have been tampering with them.





Both of these sticks go on incredibly smooth and pigmented! The pictures are taken with NO primer, and I am loving the color power. Now, both the sticks say matte finish, but Aqua Last has quite a bit of shimmer to it. Continuous Almond, however, is a perfect, creamy, matte nude! I love it. Something easy I can throw on in the morning.
The staying power seems pretty good as well. I haven't worn them around yet, but I took my fist and rubbed my swatches like crazy, and they didn't budge an inch. They also glide on so smooth! For the price, these are both wonderful products!

Next I purchased the 12 hour liquid eyeliner pencils in 01: Black Point and 05: Aqua Stone. There are a few more colors as well (similar to the eyeshadow pencils).  These are also wrapped completely in plastic, which is awesome.





I've used liquid eyeliner pencils before, and these go on a little thicker then the others I've used in the past. They both went on very smooth, but the texture was more between a kohl and a liquid. For the blue, I had to press down a little harder to get really deep pigmentation, but the black went on like a charm (pictures again are used without primer). Again, I rubbed my fist like a mad-woman on my swatches, and they didn't budge an inch. Overall these are pretty darn good for the price, but not quite as nice as some other liquid eyeliner pencils (if you really want a liquid).


Lastly, I got two of the Twist and Shine moisturizing balm stains. I got 03: Topical Frenzy and 06: Cranberry Crush. Other colors included a coral, nude, red, and baby pink. These are again wrapped completely in plastic.

Top two: Crandberry Crush
Bottom two: Tropical Frenzy 




Now I am a sucker for balm stains; I own almost every color of Revlons. And these aren't bad. The pigmentation is a little sheer at first, but build-able, they go on smooth, and the staying power is alright (I can see about 3 or 4 hours). My only problem is they seem a little drying at first, or at least, not as moisturizing as some of the other balm stains I have used. But seeing as these are only half the price, they are a very nice product! I am loving Cranberry Crush most of all. It is a beautiful burgundy that doesn't look too wild on my pale skin. Perfect for fall!

Overall, Jordana has come out with some brilliant new products (especially those eyeshadow sticks!). I would highly recommend picking some up and giving them a try, seeing as none of them are more than $5, which I also love. And keep it up with those security seals! I am much more apt to buy a product that is safely wrapped in plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment