Header

Friday, August 9, 2013

Burt's Bees: Revitalizaing and Soothing

I have found two new Burt's Bees items in my area! And I am very excited because one of them is chocolate! Yum! The first one I found is Revitalizing, and contains blueberry and dark chocolate. The second one is Soothing (which I think is just new to my area) and has eucalyptus and menthol.




Revitalizing was the first one I tried. It goes on clear and smooth, and feels great. The first thing I noticed was the dark chocolate smell. The smell is a little overwhelming at first, and more tart then sweet. When I put it on, though, and wore it around, the blueberry really started to come out. It's very subtle, and you have to kind of be looking for it, but it gives the chocolate and sweet twinge it didn't have before. It has almost no taste, so I'm not tempted to lick it off my lips!

The second one I got was Soothing. This one also goes on clear and smooth, and gives my lips that cold feeling that menthol tends to do. Scent wise, I can really smell both the eucalyptus and the menthol (kind of like Vicks). It smells very much like a medicated chapstick. Once it was on, the smell dissipated a little bit, and my lips felt cool for quite a long time! This one has a little bit of a medicated taste to it, but it's only there when I really licked my lips. Otherwise, I didn't notice it at all. I can see me really going for this when my lips get burnt.

Overall, Burt's Bees has come out with some great new products. I love them both, though none will overcome my love for the Grapefruit one (it tastes and smells so good). But these are both great additions, especially the Soothing! I will defiantly have one handy for those sunny days.

No comments:

Post a Comment