Header

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Limited Edition Sinful Colors: Second Seven (Pic Heavy!)

So I posted the first round of the new Sinful colors shades quite a while ago. The other seven shades have been silently sitting on my old computer tower, waiting for me to swatch them. So today I will get those out of the way! There are seven colors I will be reviewing today (there is one more in the collection I apparently looked over, forgot to buy, or bought it and lost it already. It is called Southern Bell, and once I get my hands on it I will post that too!). For the swatches, it is one coat on the left, two coats on the right, with no top coat.

1199: Song of Summer

This color is a pale, summery pastel green creme. 

The first thing I noticed with this is that the formula is SO THICK! It made it a little difficult to work with and make the color spread evenly. That being said, the color is also very opaque for such a pale green. Two coats is honestly all you need. The brush is nicely cut, long, and skinny. The dry time is a little long, but that can be due to how thick the formula is!

960: Envy

Now this color has been released before (as seen from the 900 number), but can be very difficult to find! I think it was released in one collection last year (I'm not completely sure the name). It is a deep green that reminds me a little of broccoli.


The first coat went on pretty streaky, not going to lie! Luckily, the formula is a nice consistency, and a second coat evened it all out (though I might recommend a third). The dry time was also a little lengthy, about as long as Song of Summer. The brush is cut very nicely, long and skinny.

1204: Opening Night

This color is so pretty! It is a gorgeous sparkling blue with turquoise flecks (maybe a little holographic?). I have several colors already like this, but none apply as thickly or opaque.

The consistency of this is very nice! Not too thick, not too thin. The first coat went on a little streaky, but the second coat really brought out some of that beautiful color! I can't stop looking at it, it just looks like a beetle shell. The brush is cut very nicely, long, and skinny. The dry time is still a little long, but nothing I can't work with.

1201: Rain Song

This is a very sheer, purple color with pink undertones. It is more of a layering color than something you could actually wear alone. It is apparently very close (if not a dupe?) for Let Me Go, but I don't own it, so I can't be exactly sure how close they are.

This one is very thin and sheer, and the dry time is very quick. The coats go on very smooth, and not a lot of streaks were seen. The brush is cut very nicely, and is long and skinny. It should look great over a black base coat.

1128: Mesmerize

This is a super dark purple. It is one of those colors where, from a distance, it's hard to determine if it's black or not.


This is another one with a very thick formula! The first coat is super streaky, but a second one evens it out (why can't polishes just go on nicely in one coat?). It takes a little while to dry, especially with the second coat. It would probably look very pretty with Rain Song as a top coat! The brush on this is cut very nicely and is long and skinny. 

1206: Silver Screen

This is a silver metallic with just a little hint of bronze. 
The formula for this has a nice consistency and spread very easily. Here is one that doesn't look bad with just one coat! It also dries pretty fast, which is another point in its favor. The brush is cut very nicely and is long and skinny. 

975: Coffee

This is a very dark, rich brown. 
It goes on very nicely, and isn't very streaky at all! It is super opaque, the formula is nice, and it dries in a decent amount of time as well. The brown is very pretty, but goes in that Is-That-Black-From-A-Distance category. The brush is cut very nicely and is long and skinny. 


Overall, my favorite color by far is Opening Night. It is just such a gorgeous blue! I love it so much. The collection on a whole has its fault (mostly very thick and streaky formulas), but the colors are very varied and most of them I will be willing to work with.

Who can't love that beautiful blue?!


 This look familiar? Like Opening Night? NOPE! It's Rainsong layered over Mesmerize! Who would have thought two purples would have turned into a blue? I almost like this better than Opening night!
 On a side note, I picked up some delicious mochi from World Market near where I live. Look how little and squishy they are! Om nom nom.

3 comments:

  1. Despite how sheer it seems, I've got Rain Song on by itself on my nails (3 coats) and I'm liking how it turned out. My bottle has very small amounts of glitter in it, megenta and teal. With 3 coats I averaged one peice of glitter per nail, so VERY little. Does your Rain Song have any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just swatched about 5 coats on one of my nails (overkill? Haha) and not a drop of glitter in mine! It has small bits of iridescent sheen, but nothing that I can say is glitter. How strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this sinful colors are so beautiful... but unluckily not buyable here (I am from Europe). Would it be possible you send me 3 of song of summer and 3 rain song and some more of sinful colors (I would provide you by mail what else).

    I would pay you the Shipping and $5 per naillack.

    interessen@gmx.ch is my mailaddress

    ReplyDelete