Header

Friday, August 16, 2013

NEW! Salon Perfect: Fall Collection

So I don't usually buy Salon Perfect. The only place in my area you can readily buy it is Walmart, and I usually avoid buying makeup from Walmart like the plague. But when I saw the fall display, new and unmarked with smears of polish people have tested, I knew I had to give it a shot. So I ended up buying two of the shades; Ivy League and Dirty Martini.

232: Ivy League

I don't know why this is called Ivy League. It's not green, but blue. Am I missing something? Oh well. The color is a deep sapphire blue with flashes of green. This is another of those Is-That-Black? shades. Close up or in super bright light, you can see the deep blue color of the polish. From far away, however, it does look pretty black. I have a couple of shades similar to this, so to me, it's not a spectacular color. It's a little streaky with one coat, but two really evens it out. The dry time is kind of slow as well (I'm not sure if that's normal for this brand). But it is a pretty jewel-toned sapphire, which will look really nice this fall.

215: Dirty Martini


This color is a unique, wonderful green. It reminds me of dying grass (is that weird?). It is a very stunning shade, one that I don't believe I own anything close to. It is a dark green/gold combination, with a little hint of brown. It goes on well with one coat, looks great with two. The dry time is slow, but again, I rarely use this brand so I'm not sure if that's normal or not. But the color is fantastic, a  beautiful green-gold that will really flash this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment